The Link Companies is lucky to work with so many creative and enthusiastic vendors who are willing to step in and make markets truly epic events. How is this relevant to you and your store? The same vendors we work with are those you buy from, and they are open to assisting you with and sponsoring in store events! The easiest way to set something like this up is by talking to your Link Companies rep. Send a quick email and find out how you can connect with the vendor that has the bestselling merchandise in your store to create a one of a kind event for your customers.
Why go through the trouble of putting on an in store event? In store events are shown to do the following:
- Increase foot traffic in your store. If you offer hot chocolate during a holiday shopping event, the people will come to your store! Even if they don’t buy something, they now know about what you offer.
- Which brings us to brand awareness – coming into the store during an event may be the first time they ever stepped in. Now they can see what brands you carry and make a mental note that they can pick up these products at YOUR place.
- Events are a sales booster. Particularly if you have an event on a Thursday evening, let’s say, and normally your traffic flow on Thursday is relatively slow. Suddenly you have additional cash flow, especially if you offer a little sale or incentive with the event.
- This is a chance for you to do marketing! Be sure your customers are signing up for your social media accounts and newsletters, and offer incentives for them to do so.
Most retailers really push for in store events when traffic is absolutely essential: The Holiday Season! The Link Team sat down and came up with some ideas for your November and December holiday events:
- Spiked Cider or Hot Chocolate with Gourmet du Village! GDV has an entire catalog devote to their amazing Holiday collection, including the aforementioned beverage mixes. Why not offer a sampling of their delicious goodies, with a little liquid embellishment, to get your customers started?
- Girls-Night-Out events are already a popular theme with retailer events. You could put a twist on this with a “Girls-Night-In” event! Feature products that spell out C-O-M-F-O-R-T, like Faceplant Dreams. The whole idea behind this brand is making women feel cozy and happy in dreamy soft pajamas, slippers, pillowcases and blankets!
- A “Mistletoe Market” for children, with a small section of gifts priced under $20, on low shelves, for children to get for their moms and dads! This is a great way to include the whole family, and for children to make memories in your store.
At the event, make sure your customers sign up for your newsletter or social media accounts. You can even turn this into an in-person contest! Have stylists or associates go around and tell customers that by following you on social media and posting about their in-store experience (whether it’s a quick mention on Facebook, or a little picture on Instagram), they have a chance to win a contest! Raffle away items in your store that are hot commodities but not big ticket items.
As always, any of the products mentioned in this post can be ordered by contacting your DonMar rep, or by ordering online at RetailersLink.com.